terça-feira, 12 de abril de 2011

Feb 24 - Salt Flats Tour Day 3 (Uyuni)‏

Didn't sleep well; felt like hell

Hoping pain would leave me; that morning sucked, believe me
Would've went on for hours; if not for hot springs' healing powers
95 degrees; I could have gotten on my knees
to thank Mother Earth; for giving me a rebirth
Bounced, jarred, and tossed; the rough road would exhaust
Mother Earth shoots out warning blast; to say 'you're going way too fast'
This sign we did not heed; soon returning to a breakneck speed
Slight bend in road; where we definitely should have slowed
Could feel tires slip in rear; over compensation in his steer
50 miles per hour; holding breath, began to cower
long skid, there's the ditch; staring straight down it's pitch
Rear tire 'BANG'; rim digs in like fang
Airborne 'FUCK'; inhale suck
Back seat shriek; no time to freak
I only see ground; for instant no sound
then deafening 'WHAM'; into ground we slam
glass everywhere; then Jorge in the air
Sling shotted down; head 1st into the ground
Skid to stop; glass ground is where I flop
'Megan, Megan are you all right?'; I scream out with pure fright
no reply; louder I cry
'Megan, Megan are you okay?'; 'yes, yes!' she'd finally reply
Me and Megan were in tact; no one injured the blessed fact
I climbed up to door drivers side; out through window is where I'd slide
All of us in pure shock; barely able to think or talk
Hugs and kisses 'we're alive!'; appreciation for life it did revive
Adventure is here Bolivia vaunted; This is more more than we ever wanted
Bolivia is great, don't get me wrong; but it's time that we end it's song

Ryan

Nenhum comentário: